Friday, January 16, 2009

To HIM Be the Glory

I know in the past I've been paranoid about people stealing my writings (mainly because they have been stolen), but I've thought many times before about how God uses me as a tool--I'm simply the typist behind the words, the poetry, the songs--whatever it may be. And I talk about how I want what I write (type) to bring God glory, to inspire others, to make a difference. Well, how is any of that supposed to happen when I sign my name under what I write, when I call it "my" writings, and especially when I'm too worried that people might put their own name under it when I wrote it? Well, it's not mine. It's God's. I'm just the typist. So, anything that might inspire someone, show them His glory, help them through a hard time, I'm going to start posting.

So here's my first one. I wrote it last night in less than a minute. That was totally God.

When I run out of words to say
And I think our conversation’s over
I start to go away
But then I hear You call my name.
So I envelope Your words
Inside a melody of praise
I melt in Your embrace
And let You hold me.
Once my voice is shushed
And I simply sit in silence
I come to realize
That I can praise You in the quiet.
Despite my endless babblings
Over anything and nothing
I have come to discover the truth
That peace be still means something beautiful.

2 comments:

Ben (discipleofElyon) said...

Hallelujah, amen, you are dismissed!

great stuff Lilly! :)

Anna said...

Lol.

Thanks, Serfina :)