Saturday, August 22, 2009

For Those of You Whom I Haven't Spoken to in Awhile

Here's a summary of my summer (oh how I love alliteration!):
In June, I babysat a WHOLE lot in attempt to earn money for my trips. Praise God, the money came in, and I was able to go to Precept Bible Boot Camp! Woohoo! We studied Matthew 1-7, the emphasis being on The Beattitudes and The Lord's Prayer. I learned a TON. The thing that really stood out to me was mercy. I feel like I finally have a good grasp on the concepts of mercy and forgiveness, how they are the same and how they are different, how to be merciful, etc.
In July I continued babysitting and earning money, and had plenty for Mexico :) Woot! Woot! This trip was ridiculously different from the last one, from going to one church instead of two, to having the whole team together the whole week, to doing VBS in the mornings AND afternoons as compared to doing door-to-door ministry in the mornings and VBS in the afternoons...I can hardly scratch the surface of differences or I'll drag this on forever, but anyway, I feel as though God did great and mighty things only HE could do with the diverse group He had to work with. It was perfect :) About a week after the trip, I joined a prayer meeting group and have attended every meeting on Thursdays. However, as the group is mainly college age students, and they are heading back to Lipscomb this weekend, I won't be able to attend, unless a kidnapping takes place (which I wouldn't doubt) at some point, until next summer.
This month, I've mainly be laying around, resting up before school starts, hanging out with friends--normal teenage stuff, I suppose. I also had a job interview and was hired on the spot :) So I will be assisting a dance teacher three hours every Saturday morning. As long as I can get a few students, I still intend to teach elementary Spanish this year, also.
Random tidbits: Loree and I will hopefully be teaching a Discover 4 Yourself (D4Y) study for elementary students at our church on Sunday nights, I'm only going to tutorials one day (Monday) a week this year (Praise the Lord!), I'm going to try to talk with Precept International about their missions board sometime soon, many of my friends are scattering abroad like the tribes mentioned in James 1 but God is my Best Friend and He's teaching me to hold fast to that lately.
So, that's my life recently, in summary. It's pretty dry facts, but this would take me a crazy amount of time to type up if I included all the details :P

No comments: