Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Prayer to God--Just me pouring out my thoughts

Precious Lord, fill me up and pour me out! I pass by how many people a day? Who are they? What do they need? What are they going through? God, I pass them by without a second glance, second thought about what they are going through. Whether it be death whether it be pregnancy whether it be family issues whether it be the joy that comes from friendship and the love that comes from You, people are always going through something--good or bad. When I am well should I not let the "inexpressible joy" that is within me overflow? Should I not confront the trials and temptations that people go through every day, and help others in a way that would please You? What use am I if I lay around in the comforts of my home all day long, when people are struggling to find a place to stay for the night? To provide food for their families that they won't starve? What about those who have yet to be shown Your grace and love? Even when I myself am going through trials and temptations, that does NOT change the fact that others have it worse than I do! God, I want to be a drink offering. Don't let me become useless, Sovereign God. Please, please, please fill me up and pour me out! Make me a drink offering. Take this life that I have and use it to benefit Your glory. Help me see people as you see people, and don't allow me to become complacent with my relationship with You. Use me, God. Don't let me be wasteful.

4 comments:

Ben (discipleofElyon) said...

Amen. Awesome.

or..."Hallelujah, amen, you are dismissed!" ;)

Anna said...

Lol thanks :P

leo509 said...

Amen and amen. :)

Thantali said...

Amen...