Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mexico Vs. Boot Camp

For those of you whom I have not yet told, I will be able to go to both the "Boot Camp" (aka leadership training camp) AND the Mexico Trip!!! I've been praying so much lately, as have many others, for G-d's will to be done in my decision rather than what I wish to do. After praying for an answer the other night, I read my Bible for what seemed forever, searching for an answer, hoping I would find it through reading. First I read in John. There was the story of J-sus washing his disciples' feet, much talk of preaching and teaching G-d's Word, and also sharing G-d's love with everyone. By this point I was sure that I was going to Mexico. However, I felt led to read parts of Proverbs. I glanced through several chapters, reading the highlights and underlines. Most of them were about "gaining knowledge and understanding" and training for G-d's will. Obviously, I was left with much confusion over where I should go. A couple days later I received a SECOND letter from the camp in which I had been accepted. My mother and I assumed they had just accidentally sent me two. A few days ago we realized that it was for the SECOND camp!! We were still unsure of whether they had made a mistake or not, so we e-mailed them. Monday it was confirmed that I HAVE been accepted into the second training camp. But get this: I was never supposed to be accepted into the first camp. It wasn't recorded anywhere! My mother and I had been praying for a clear path of G-d's Will and we feel as though this is our "big hint" from G-d. Now we are trusting that G-d will take care of the expenses, and we are just thankful for G-d's Will to be clear to us.

4 comments:

leo509 said...

wow! Very exciting news, Lilly. Thanks for sharing. :)

Amen, God's will be done.

Anna said...

Thanks, Ari :)

disciple-in-training said...

That's awesome, Lilly! I love how God speaks to us and reveals His will in His timing. I'll be praying for the expenses and what not. Hey, have I ever told you that you make me smile? :D

Anna said...

I know! J-sus is pure awesomeness B) Hehe. Thanks for the prayers and encouragment, guys =D

Aww, really? Thanks. I'm glad ^_^ You make me smile, too. Hehe. :D